This is a recipe I found online last year. The kids in my Sunday School class really loved them. They are delicious, easy to make, fun and look fab on a Holiday Cookie Tray. Yield is an estimate.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups flour (scant)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (300 g) bag small pretzels (the heart shaped ones)
- 1 (250 g) bag M&M's
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter and both sugars.
- Beat in the eggs, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in the baking soda and flour, mixing well.
- Roll into balls. Flatten the balls and shape into triangles. Place on Cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Place pretzels into the 2 top triangle corners for antlers. Place a red candy at the bottom corner for the nose and two green ones on the cookie for eyes.
- Bake at 375*F for about 10 to 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Updated 2010...We made your cookies for our Christmas gifts again this year & this time I used another reviewer's suggestion of using a red gum drop as the nose. It looks so COOL!!! I am going to do this every year now.<br/><br/>Thank you MarieAlice. My kids helped make this for the family gift hampers for Christmas. They are so cute & taste really good too. My kids had a lot of fun decorating.
These are adorable cookies! So cute & enjoyed by everyone who saw them. I ended up rolling the dough into two logs. I then flattened the sides to form the triangle and sliced into cookies. It made shaping them a breeze. I thought the cookies themselves spread a bit too much after cooking and will chill the dough rolls next time. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
SO CUTE! My kids had a blast making these with me tonight. We've used the recipe dough as well as refrigerated sugar cookie dough and gingerbread dough. They worked best with the recipe dough and gingerbread, as the sugar cookies tended to spread too much. Regardless... these cookies are a huge hit!! Thanks!!!