Just watched Trisha's Southern Kitchen, the episode where Garth Brooks(her husband), cooks with her. They are so cute together! Ty stands for Trisha Yearwood. This is one of their favorite recipes. This recipe makes 12 servings, so feel free to half or quarter it. You can lighten the dressing up by using less oil and sugar to your taste. Enjoy! Recipe adapted from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, julienned
- one 10-ounce bag shelled edamame beans, cooked
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
Sweet Lime-Cilantro Dressing
- 1For the Thai salad: In a large serving bowl, toss the cabbages, cucumber, edamame, carrots and green onions.
- 2For the sweet lime-cilantro dressing: Put the oil, cilantro, sugar, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large blender and blend until smooth.
- 3Top each serving of salad with 2 tablespoons of the sweet lime-cilantro dressing and 2 slices of avocado for garnish.
- 4Cook's Note: You can also 2 add boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, chilled and thinly sliced.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ty's Thai Salad
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.5
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 126.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: