Recipe by tamarinda
Taken from newspaper insert, Life magazine, AtHome section, Aug 26, 2005.
Top Review by NCSouthernBelle
This is my favorite watermelon recipe! I subbed jalapenos for the serrano peppers, lime juice for red wine vinegar, and cilantro for the dill. I also garnished with sour cream rather than feta. I had ingredients for salsa on hand, which is why I subbed so much. Delicious.
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1 serrano chili
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 1 cucumber, seeded, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced, plus more for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese