Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from newspaper insert, Life magazine, AtHome section, Aug 26, 2005.
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1 serrano chili
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 1 cucumber, seeded, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced, plus more for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Puree tomatoes, watermelon, and chili.
- Add vinegar and olive oil; pulse.
- Fold in onion, cucumber, and dill.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into shot glasses or small bowls.
- Garnish with extra dill and feta.
- Enjoy at room temperature.
This is my favorite watermelon recipe! I subbed jalapenos for the serrano peppers, lime juice for red wine vinegar, and cilantro for the dill. I also garnished with sour cream rather than feta. I had ingredients for salsa on hand, which is why I subbed so much. Delicious.
Love this! This watermelon gazpacho tasted even better than the ones I've had in restaurants. I used cilantro instead of dill and left out the onions. I didn't use feta either, as the soup is more than tasty enough to stand on its own. I feel like I'll be making this a lot when summer finally arrives! [Made & Reviewed for PAC Spring 2013]