Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another great grill recipe. If you prefer you can use a loaf of French Bread instead of the Ciabatta. Just cut the loaf into 12 diagonal slices.
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, 6-1 ounce slices, cut in half
- 12 slices tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 fresh basil leaves, if desired
- 6 slices ciabatta, cut in half
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Place sundried tomatoes in small bowl. Pour enough boiling water over tomatoes to cover. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes. Mix beef, sausage and drained tomatoes. Shape mixture into 6 oblong patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Grill patties uncovered 4 to 5 inches from medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center and juice is clear.
- Top each burger with cheese slice for last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Top burgers with sliced tomato and basil. Serve burgers between slices of ciabatta bread.