Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe but it's a favorite of the family.
- 1⁄2 lb red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb medium russet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add the broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender; add to potatoes.
- In large bowl, combine flour, milk and evaporated milk until smooth; add to potato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the cream cheese, parsely, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with Swiss cheese.