Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Haven't tried this. I got this from Meals for you.com, and I pretty much am posting it to save it. I Intend to try it ASAP
- 2⁄3 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water, plus
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons garlic, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup russet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon green onion, thinly sliced
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until water evaporates and onion is tender.
- Stir in celery and thyme and cook 2 minutes. Add stock and potatoes.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer about 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Purée potato mixture in a food processor or blender in batches, if necessary.
- Return purée to same pot.
- Stir in milk and simmer over low heat until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup sprinkled with green onions.