Recipe by Sydney Mike
From the Kraft Foods website, this recipe is a lite version of another pumpkin pie recipe already posted here! My friends who are very calorie & sugar conscious find this pie very satisfying! Obviously the 20 minutes of preparation time does not include the time it takes to refrigerate before serving!
Top Review by Cuistot
This was really good and oh so easy! I did use the full fat and sugar as we're not watching our calories and I don't care for sugar free... Dh says he prefers the traditional pumpkin pie, but I like that I can have a nice dessert on the table with less than 30min worth of work! I think I might add allspice and clove next time and increase the cream cheese.
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, Philadelphia brand, softened
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk, cold
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 6 ounces graham cracker crumb crust, reduced fat
- 1 cup nonfat milk, cold
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages pudding, instant vanilla, fat free, sugar free
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, with a wire whisk, beat the low fat Neufchatel cheese, tablespoon of milk & sugar until well blended.
- Stir in the thawed, lite Cool Whip topping & spread it onto the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cup of milk & the pudding mix, then add the pumpkin & spices & mix until well blended. Spread this mixture over the cheese layer.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.