Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Wonderful chicken salad for a hot summer day, but a great taste any time of year. A nice change from the usual. The lemon adds a refreshing taste, along with the cucumber. My family loves this one. I prefer to use chicken breast from a rotissere chicken. Also, for the cucumber we really like the taste of the English or Burpless/seedless cucumber. They are the ones wrapped individually in sealed plastic wrap in the produce dept. beside the regular cucumbers.
- 6 ounces corkscrew macaroni
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- Cook corkscrew macaroni.
- Mix cooked chicken and Italian dressing with hot macaroni. Cool.
- Blend mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard. Stir in onions, cucumbers, celery and pepper. Add to macaroni mixture.
- Salt to taste.
- Chill 2 or more hours to blend flavors. Even better the second day.
This is a unique and yummy recipe. I used whole-wheat pasta, fat-free Miracle Whip, and low-fat Italian dressing to accommodate my diet needs. It was very good. Leftovers only kept for a couple of days before getting runny, however. I'll definitely make this again.
WOW! This is a yummy salad! It is loaded with chicken and it is very filling! I made a few changes to make it fit into my diet. I used a whole grain pasta and reduced the mayo to 1/4 cup and used fat free. This is a keeper!