Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm not sure why this is called twig salad, but it is so delicious that you won't care what it is called. It is a great crunchy combination with a sweet dressing that is perfect for any meal. I give credit to my friend, Mona who provided this recipe in our church cookbook.
- 1 lb bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 of a red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup peanuts
- 3⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix together and chill for 2 hours before serving.
I love this salad! It is similar to other broccoli salads, but has a nice twist with the peanuts and cheese. It's really addicting. I didn't have tarragon vinegar so I used the apple cider vinegar instead. Thanks for sharing Chris!
Very tasty salad. I used sunflower seeds in place of peanuts.