Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Yummy! but a lot of work!
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 5 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- Assembly Directions:.
- Wash potatoes and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool until easy to handle. Peel potatoes and crumble into large bowl or mixer. (Discard peel.) Sauté onion in butter. Mash potatoes with onion, salt, pepper, and milk (if needed). Stir in cheddar cheese and Monterey jack cheese.
- Freezing Directions:.
- Divide potato mixture into meal-sized portions and spoon into containers or freezer bags.
- Serving Directions:.
- Place potatoes in greased baking dish. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Instead of mashing or cubing the cooked potatoes, I run them through the French fry blade on my food processor. Quick and easy!