Recipe by Mama Chef of 3
These are amazing! I accidentally discovered this with my Sister-n-law on a holiday last year. they were remodeling their house...what do you make when the stores are closed and the kitchen is empty? They always make jalapeño poppers and Italian food, so they had these following ingredients on hand and what a great food we discovered! You can also make up ahead of time, just freeze and wait to do the last step when you are ready to eat. Please enjoy!
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes and poke holes in them on the top for venting.
- Microwave until a fork can be easily inserted into them.
- When removed, let cool until barely warm so it is more easy to scoop out the potato into your mixing bowl, saving your potato skins.
- Scoop out your potato and mix on all ingredients. (Your Jalapeno peppers should be de-seeded and diced.).
- Scoop back into your potato skins.
- Top with pre-sliced Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is slightly browned on top.