Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
In ‘Come Home to Supper’ by Christy Jordan
- 1 (3 1/2-5 lb) chuck roast
- 5 -6 carrots, cut into chunks
- 5 -6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- If using oven, preheat to 325 degrees.
- Place the roast in a 6-quart slow cooker or Dutch oven with a lid and add the carrots and potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beef gravy, white vinegar, and Italian seasoning.
- Pour the gravy mixture over the roast.
- If using a slow cooker, cover and seal the pot and cook the roast until tender, 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
- If using a Dutch oven, cover the pot and bake until the roast is tender, 2 ½ hours.
- To serve, place the roast and veggies on a serving platter, slice, and serve with the gravy alongside.