Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick & simple soup. It can be served hot or cold, chunky or smooth.
- 1 cup stale bread, torn to less than 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced, dried or 1⁄2 fresh onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (4 cloves minced)
- 2 quarts canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- parmesan cheese
- Re-hydrate onion (if using dried).
- Place bread into bowl & mix with Chicken Broth.
- Saute onion in ~1 tablespoon Olive Oil until just starting to brown.
- Mix in Garlic Powder & allow to cook for 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes (and their liquid), Basil, Parsley, & Oregano.
- Add Balsamic Vinegar.
- Add Bread & Chicken Broth.
- Cook on medium low heat for ~10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with Parmesan Cheese.
- Puree in blender for smooth soup.