1/1 Photo of Tuscan-Style Stew
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 45 mins
This is a hearty, vegetarian winter soup. Sprinkle with a little grated Parmesan cheese and have some toast on the side and you have a complete meal. This is an easy recipe to throw together and then you can just let it sit and cook. Recipe is from food writer/recipe developer, Jennifer A. Wickes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2When the oil is hot add the thyme, carrots, celery and onions.
- 3Sweat these over very low heat for about 5 minutes.
- 4Then, add the kale.
- 5Cover tightly and cook the kale until it wilts to half its volume.
- 6Add the tomatoes and 2 cups of stock.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Allow the stew to come a boil.
- 10Add the zucchini.
- 11Simmer for one more hour, then add the beans.
- 12If necessary, add more water to your desired consistency, and cook 45 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan-Style Stew
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: