Cook1 hr 45 mins
This is a hearty, vegetarian winter soup. Sprinkle with a little grated Parmesan cheese and have some toast on the side and you have a complete meal. This is an easy recipe to throw together and then you can just let it sit and cook. Recipe is from food writer/recipe developer, Jennifer A. Wickes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot add the thyme, carrots, celery and onions.
- Sweat these over very low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the kale.
- Cover tightly and cook the kale until it wilts to half its volume.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 cups of stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the stew to come a boil.
- Add the zucchini.
- Simmer for one more hour, then add the beans.
- If necessary, add more water to your desired consistency, and cook 45 minutes longer.