Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Form college cooking by Megan Clark posted in the Rocky Mountain News.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1⁄2 lb thick sliced ham
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan, cover eggs with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan form heat and let stand until water cools.
- Peel eggs and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- While eggs cool, drain beans and place in a large bowl.
- Cut ham into 1/4 inch cubes and place into bowl.
- Cut tomatoes in half remove stems and seeds cut halves into 1-inch wedges and add to the bowl.
- Trim ends off onions, cut the white parts and about 1 inch of the green parts into thin slices and add to bowl.
- Tear romaine into bite size pieces and add to the bowl.
- Sslowly add oil mixing briskly with a whisk or fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad, toss and garnish with egg.