Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posting for safe keeping.
- 3 cups cubed dry Italian bread (day-old)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 medium cucumbers, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaf
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Place bread cubes on ungreased cookie sheet. Toast bread for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine vinegar, oil and pepper; blend well.
- In large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, olives and toasted bread cubes.
- Pour vinegar mixture over salad; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with basil.