Recipe by Kat in Texas
A yummy spread for crisp crackers. I make it anytime I have guests. If you like artichoke hearts, you'll like this! Originally from allrecipes.com, submitted by Peggy Hoffius.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (save the juice)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped black olives
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, garlic and salt; stir and blend in artichokes and olives.
- Add green onions, tomatoes, parsley and chives; gently mix together.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight (if possible) to blend flavors.
- If mixture is too thick, stir in some of the artichoke juice.
- Bring to room temperature and serve with water crackers or other crispy bread.
- Or, you can add more of the artichoke juice to make it more of a dip consistency, and serve with cut up veggies.