1/1 Photo of Tuscan Chicken With Spinach and Beans
1 hr 10 mins
Man with a Pan's Note:
You'll love the rich Mediterranean flavors in this dish, and the way your kitchen smells while its cooking. It's simpler to prepare than it looks, and it works well even for weeknights. This is in heavy rotation at our house. Adapted from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (legs and thighs work best)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon, coarsely diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 3Cook bacon in dutch oven until crisp; remove from pan; retain drippings in pan.
- 4Cook chicken pieces in drippings, 2 minutes each side until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5Add onion and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; cook 5 minutes until onions are softened.
- 6Stir in bacon, spinach, rosemary, tomatoes, and beans; remove from heat.
- 7Arrange chicken on top of spinach mixture; bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- 8To serve, spoon spinach mixture onto a plate; top with chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Chicken With Spinach and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.9
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 159.3 mg
- Sodium 1060.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 51.9 g