Recipe by Cluich
These are traditional Iraqi pickles. Pickled veggies are usually served as part of a typical Iraqi meal. The spice mixture in these makes them irresistible. Also, the method used here can be used for other veggies as well.
Top Review by l'ecole
These are wonderful! A friend gave me some rather large cucumbers, so I cut them into spears rather than leaving them whole; otherwise, I followed the recipe. What a marvelous earthy flavor and so easy to prepare! I'm thinking that brine would be marvelous with carrots -- hoping to try that next. Thanks so much for posting.
- 4 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cucumbers in a mason jar or jars.
- In a pot, bring the vinegar, salt, garlic, and spices to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the cucumbers to the top of the jar(s). Seal the jar.
- Pickles will be ready within a week. Just watch for the color change.