Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Great lemon flavored chicken recipe. Serve with the onions for more flavor. A bit tart and very tender. 8 hours is marinade time.
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- salt and pepper
- Combine lemon juice, turmeric, garlic and onion in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, turning to coat with marinade.
- Marinade in fridge for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally of marinade doesn't cover chicken.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil chicken and onions until done, turning once.
- Serve topped with onions.
Perfect recipe for my husband who just found out he has gallstones . . . it was a huge hit tonight . . . even our picky boys like it . . . I did add thinly sliced shallots for more flavor.
Very tasty chicken. I marinated it overnight, then cooked it on the grill. Did the onions in a grill basket. It was easy and good, and turmeric is supposed to be very healthy for you.
This is very simple and good .. I cooked it in a saucepan with the marinade and my husband enjoyed it for lunch today .. thanks