Turmeric Chicken (Thai Style)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons coriander, roots
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons golden mountain brand soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- Smash turmeric with the garlic, coriander roots and peppercorns to make a paste.
- Rinse the chicken place in a ziploc bag. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce & sugar.
- Add turmeric to the plastic bag and rub the paste into the chicken.
- Poke the chicken with a fork a bit to make holes for the marinade to seep inches Coat well, cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- After marinating, either grill or bake in the oven until cooked.
- To test if your chicken is done, poke with a fork on the thickest part of the meat to the middle of the piece. Pull out the fork and watch the juice come out of the hole. If it’s pink, it’s not done. If it’s clear, it’s done. Don’t cut big slices into the piece or the meat will dry out.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I come up with some pretty innovative recipes when short on time and ingredients! Try my Sweet Greek Shake-Bake Chicken coating! It's pretty different!