Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Nigella Lawson recipe for a simple yet Oh so delicious dessert (definitely not one for the kids)
- 12 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur (approx. 175ml)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 8 tablespoons approx. 125g caster sugar
- 600 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons orange flower water
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, finely chopped
- Combine the Cointreau, lemon juice and sugar in a large bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Whisk in the cream until fairly thick, but still not thick enough to hold its shape,
- Dribble in the flower waters and then keep whisking until you have a creamy mixture that is light and airy but able to form soft peaks
- Spoon the syllabub into into small glasses, letting the mixture billow up above the rim of the glass,
- Sprinkle finely chopped pistachios on top.