Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this from a magazine (?) at the doctor's waiting room. We found to be so tasty! We usually make it in the oven but can't wait for the summer to try it on the barbecue...
- 6 chicken thighs, cut into thirds
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- 1 table spoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tea spoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tea spoon cinnamon
- 1 tea spoon coarse salt
- 3⁄4 tea spoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup fruit juice (eg orange)
- 1) Mix all seasoning with oil in a bowl.
- 2) Place chicken pieces in bowl and toss to coat.
- 3) Place in fridge for 10 min.
- 4) Preheat oven to 450.
- 5) Place chicken on one layer on a pan. Roast for 10 minute.
- 6) Pour 1/4 cup of fruit juice (I ususally use cranberry or orange) on top.
- 7) Roast for another 10 minute.
- 8) Test that chicken is done by cutting one of the thickest pieces. Enjoy!
I tried this recipe with a variation.
I added i can of chopped tomatoes, a pinch of sugar, 2 onions sliced into wedges and 6 cloves of garlic. Served with pilav and salad. Alternatively or in addition you can throw in potatoes as well but will need to be cooked at 180 c for 1 1/2 hours.
Everyone in my house ate this! My picky little ones are hard to feed, so if they ask for seconds than that recipe is a keeper. The seasoning was not overpowering, nice and subtle. I like also the fact that it is a quick meal to put together. Thank you for sharing!