Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s)
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- lettuce leaf
- 3⁄4 lb sliced turkey
- apple, slices
- 8 slices bakery white bread (dense loaf)
- Combine mayonnaise, celery, walnuts and lemon juice.
- Toast bread.
- Layer lettuce, turkey, apple slices and mayonnaise.
This sandwich was spectacular! I wish I could give it 10 stars. I made it exactly as directed, and I felt like I was having lunch at a trendy restaurant. It was nice and crunchy, and the gentle flavor of the turkey really allowed the apple flavor to stand out, which I loved! Thanks for a great way to break the lunchtime blahs, Evelyn!
Made mine into a wrap too!! ;) Loved the mix of walnuts, apples and chicken (because that is what is used! ;) - this will be made again and again!! Thanks evelyn! :)
Oh My This is outstanding. I made mine into a wrap. I was out of bread. Very yummy! Definately will make again. I love waldolf salad.