Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The secret ingredient in this sandwich is the raspberry jam. An addition that makes an ordinary sandwich special.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 lb deli turkey
- 1 bunch arugula or 1 bunch Baby Spinach, stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Brush one side of 2 bread slice with butter.
- Place slices, butter sides down on panini grill; top with turkey, cheese and arugula. Spread 2 bread slices with jam and top sandwiches, jam side down. Brush remaining bread slices with butter.
- Close grill and cook sandwiches over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, until bread is crisp and cheese is melted.
My husband, the panini king, made these tonight and they were excellent. The raspberry jam does add another dimension to this sandwich. We used baked turkey slices (we are not deli meat fans),cibatta rolls, arugula and spinach mixed, and havarti (no swiss in the house).
This is a REALLY GOOD sandwich. The jam sets it apart from other sandwiches.I cut the rounded tops off deli sandwich buns and omitted the arugula. I cooked them on the George Foreman grill for about 3 minutes. With a cup of soup, this made a great meal.
I grilled this in my George Foreman grill. Made as posted with fresh baby spinach leaves, this is an excellent sandwich. The raspberry jam was the best touch. I'll definitely make and enjoy this again. Thanks for posting Kelbel!