Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
The family recipe
- 2 lbs pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier or 1⁄2 cup Curacao
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced thin
- 5 large Red Delicious apples, peeled & cut into lg dice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sliced peaches in juice, cut into lg dice, reserve 1/2 c liquid from can
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- The night before, break up the raw sausage, put it in a bowl and pour the Grand Marnier over it. Refrigerate.
- When ready to make the dressing, saute the sausage and onion until cooked through. Cool.
- In a large roasting pan, mix together sausage, celery, apples, peaches, Mrs. Cubbison's dressing.
- In separate bowl, mix together eggs, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, broth and canned peach syrup. If the dressing looks too dry, add a little more broth.
- This is enough to stuff a 24 lb turkey, or it will fill two 9x13 casseroles.
- If using a casserole, use at least 1/2 cup more broth. Also, use a non-stick spray and cover with foil to bake. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees.