Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from Better Homes & Garden Eating Well with the Food Guide Pyramid. I haven't tried this one yet.
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1 lb. each)
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, cut up
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Halve squash lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a shallow baking dish. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and pepper till no pink remains. Drain off fat.
- Stir in cream cheese till melted. Add milk.
- Turn squash cut side up. Spoon turkey mixture into squash halves.
- Stir together the bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes till squash is tender.