Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I got this from my MIL. I had it at her house one day after Thanksgiving, and I nearly slurped up the whole pan. That is something else considering I usually avoid her cooking as much as I can.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 6 ounces spaghetti, Uncooked and broken in 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- In a small pan, saute the vegetables in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the broth, soup, salt and pepper.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray,layer the turkey, spaghetti and vegetable mixture. Pour broth mixture over top.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 70-80 minute or until spaghetti is tender,stirring once.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake 5- 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
It was just ok. Very bland for us. Kids would probably like it.
Thanks for posting.
Yummy! Spiced with salt and pepper as recommended, but I'll probably try to cut that down next time. Very good recipe.
I tried this tonight with the leftover turkey. I added green peppers and pimentoes. It was very good. This one is defintely a keeper.