1 hr 20 mins
pink cook's Note:
This is a good recipe to use turkey leftovers preparing this delicious stew soup. Enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips (or use Anaheim green peppers)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups turkey broth (or use Chicken Broth)
- 4 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white hominy, drained
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 (4 ounce) can green peppers, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- water, if needed (or add more broth)
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large Dutch oven (or pot), heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions and poblano peppers in oil until soft. Stir in garlic, and cook for one or two more minutes.
- 2Stir in turkey broth, cooked turkey, baby carrots, canned green chile peppers and hominy.
- 3Add water if more liquid is needed to just cover everything in the pot.
- 4Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- 5Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about an hour or less, until everything is well seasoned and carrots cooked.
- 6Serve warm with shredded cabbage, crisp tortilla chips and some lemon juice, if you like.
- 7Nutrition Per serving: Calories 412 Protein 33.8g Total Fat 10.5g Sodium 1158mg Cholesterol 53mg Carbohydrates 45.2g, Fiber 10g.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Pozole
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.2 mg
- Sodium 326.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: