Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is something I made for my kids tonight. I was looking for a recipe along these lines and didn't find one, so I made it up! This was easy, and much healthier than the regular "nugget" fare that's out there. They are easy to make and everybody loved them! You could make them nugget shape, but I made them about the shape of small breakfast sausages.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (for stove top frying)
- Mix the turkey with one of the eggs, the Worcestershire sauce, onion, parsley, salt, pepper and 3/4 cup of the panko breadcrumbs.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl or dish. Set aside.
- Put the remainder of the panko in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Form the turkey mixture into your desired shape. You don't want them too big or thick; you want them to be cooked inside before the outside gets too brown.
- Dip the turkey nuggets into the egg, then roll in the panko crumbs.
- Fry over medium heat in the oil. Use just as much as you think you need, they don't need to swim in it! As they brown turn them, so they get nice and crispy all over.
- Cool slightly on a paper towel before serving to your kids -- with ketchup!