Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We thought this was pretty good - served with baked potatoes and boiled carrots for a comfort meal dinner. adapted from recipe in local newspaper
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup oats, uncooked
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in small skillet and then add vegetables (onion - garlic) and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine turkey vegetable mixture and remainder of ingredients (through ketchup). Mix with wooden spoon to combine.
- Place in loaf pan or in 3-4 individual loaf pans and bake for one hour.