Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A low fat meatball recipe quick and easy enough for a weeknight family supper.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients thouroughly.
- Form 1/4 cup meat mixture into meatballs.
- Arrange 1/2 the meatballs around the edge of a dinner plate or large microwave safe plate.
- Microwave meatballs at 70% power 4 minutes 30 seconds.
- Turn over meatballs.
- Microwave at 70% power for 3 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3-6 with second half meatballs.
- Add meatballs to your favorite sauce.
Easy to toss together. I did add much more spices and fresh minced garlic. Love that they are low fat! This made 20 good size meatballs. And 2-3 per person, saying that the servings of this recipe is more like 10. I baked mine in the oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Will serve with red veggie sauce. Thanks!
Excellent ! Light and I got 12 meatballs . I agree that baking is better at 425 for 20 min. Made meatball subs with mozzarella and a baguette.
surprisingly light and airy. My wife liked them because they weren't as dense as some. Actually if you follow the recipe exactly each meatball weighs out right at 2oz. I have saved this one to my cookbook along with the awesome sauce recipe I got at Food.com the other day. Thank you for sharing.