Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Gourmet magazine. I use this stock as a base for my Turkey Gravy. I don't use the liver in the stock or gravy. It can lend a bitter note.
- Heat oil over moderate heat.
- Brown neck and giblets 10-15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 3 hours. Turkey parts will be very tender.
- Pour stock through a mesh sieve into a bowl. Reserve gizzard and heart for gravy, if desired. Discard remaining solids.
- Stock should measure 4 cups. Add more water or continue to boil if necessary.
- Let stand until fat rises to the top and skim fat from top.
- Let cool completely before chilling.
- Skim fat before using.