Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Had some leftover turkey one day tried this from a old Pillsbury book. Made several changes and this was the result. My husband who never asks for any special meal requests this often.
- 3 cups cubed turkey breast
- 6 -8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 3⁄4-1 cup light salad dressing (Miracle Whip) or 3⁄4-1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiz cheese (low fat if you can find)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a 12x8 2-quart baking dish, layer turkey, bacon, and tomato.
- Spread salad dressing evenly over top.
- Sprinkle cheese and basil evenly over top.
- Separate dough in to 10 biscuits.
- Flatten each biscuit.
- Arrange biscuits over cheese layer overlapping a little if passable.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 6.
Thanks for posting, Katha. We all enjoyed this recipe for left-over turkey. Very quick and tasty.
This was ok. It was a great way to use of some leftover turkey but we all found it a bit too dry as a casseole. If I were to make this again I may try reversing the ingredients with the biscuits on the bottom and definitely adding way more mayo. I did sub in some cheddar instead of swiss because I only had a small amount of swiss cheese left in the fridge.