Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a sweeter healthy version of chili with cinnamon to give it a different flavor. I believe this variation is a Chicago German version.
- 3 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 lbs turkey meat
- 1⁄2 eggplant, you can leave skin on
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef bouillon
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chop the onions and fry in cast iron pan with an olive oil spray.
- When onions are cooked add garlic.
- Transfer onions and garlic to a dutch oven.
- Add 1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes.
- add beef bullion.
- add spices and sauces.
- Fry the turkey meat in the cast iron pan.
- drain turkey meat in collandar
- add meat to dutch oven.
- chop and fry eggplant.
- add eggplant to dutch oven.
- chop and fry mushrooms.
- add mushrooms to dutch oven.
- drain and ad beans.
- add corn
- continue to cook over low heat for 1 hour.
- optional cook up 3 cups of brown rice pour chili over rices.
- optional shred some montery jack cheese over chili.