Recipe by internetnut
Each serving is 1 1/2 cup. This came from Happy Food: Mood Lifting Recipes. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-inch pieces
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 30 ounces great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large saucepan, coated with cooking spray over Medium-High heat.
- Add carrots, onion, garlic, and kielbasa; saute 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes. Add the broth, italian seasoning, pepper, and beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place 2 cups of the soup in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Return the pureed mixture to pan. Simmer an additional 5 minutes. Remove soup from heat. Add the spinach, stirring until spinach wilts.