Turkey & Bean Taco Soup
A flavorful, reduced fat recipe! My friend and I modified Paula Deen's original recipe to meet our needs. My kids love it when its made without the green chilies!
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey, extra lean
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn, Whole Kernel
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with or without green chilies)
- Saute onions and garlic over medium heat in the olive oil. Once onions begin to carmelize add ground turkey. Once turkey is completely cooked add taco seasoning, water, diced tomatoes and corn (do not drain corn or tomatoes). Add both beans (be sure to drain and rinse them). Simmer until warm.
- Serve with RF Mexican Blend Shredded cheese and/or RF Sour Cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
So much for waiting for lunch. I knew I was going to like this when I chose to make it. Since I did not eat breakfast this morn, I had a very very early lunch. It is easy to make, hearty and taste great. I doubled the recipe since I had 2#'s of turkey, used frozen corn and added an extra 1 cup of water to make up for the fact it was not canned. I had bought a new produce the other day and wanted to give it a try. So I add 1 teaspoon of Knorr's Tomato Bouillon w/Chicken Flavor. Thanks for posting this reduced calorie soup. Made for *New Kids On The Block Game 2010*