Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for Thanksgiving leftovers all in one meal. Serve with a salad and rolls or bread.
Make and share this Turkey and Stuffing Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 5 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (12 ounce) jar turkey gravy
- 5 slices processes American cheese, cut into strips
- In large bowl, combine egg, broth, and butter; add stuffing and mix well.
- Pat on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- In a skillet sauté the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Sprinkle with the flour and mix well.
- Add turkey, peas, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme; mix well and stir in the gravy.
- Bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into the crust.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Arrange cheese strips in lattice pattern over filling. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
This 1999 Taste of Home cookbook recipe is a great way to use up your leftover thanksgiving turkey...If you also have leftover gravy you can use it instead of the jarred gravy...Got leftover stuffing? Use that instead of making the stuffing in the recipe...Got leftover veggies? Use those instead of the frozen peas in the recipe...A versatile recipe indeed!
I am surprised to be the first review. This was a snap to make. I bought a 15 pound turkey on sale last week. I cooked it using my crockpot which made A LOT of turkey. I really wanted a traditional dinner but without all the work. This is also great for lunches. The cheese adds a nice flavor also. Thanks for sharing.