southern chef in louisiana's Note:
Great for Thanksgiving leftovers all in one meal. Serve with a salad and rolls or bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 5 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (12 ounce) jar turkey gravy
- 5 slices processes American cheese, cut into strips
- 1In large bowl, combine egg, broth, and butter; add stuffing and mix well.
- 2Pat on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- 3In a skillet sauté the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- 4Sprinkle with the flour and mix well.
- 5Add turkey, peas, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme; mix well and stir in the gravy.
- 6Bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- 7Spoon into the crust.
- 8Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- 9Arrange cheese strips in lattice pattern over filling. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Stuffing Pie
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.8
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 192.0 mg
- Sodium 1348.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 44.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoned stuffing mix