Recipe by Outta Here
A healthy twist on a patty melt. Also good with pear instead of apple.
Top Review by SB6
I made this recipe for a light dinner & I had all ingredients so it was a very quick & easy sandwich. Unfortunately, it received mixed reviews.I thought it was tasty. Other family members thought it was average. I do think if the apple had been sliced thicker, it would've added more, but when reviewing I always follow the recipe exactly. DS didn't even know it had apple on it.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 5 ounces granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced (about 1 apple)
- 8 ounces deli turkey, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mustard and honey in a small bowl. Spread one side of each of 4 bread slices with 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard mixture.
- Place one cheese slice on dressed side of bread slices; top each with 4 or 5 apple slices and 2 ounces turkey. Top sandwiches with remaining 4 bread slices. Coat both sides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches to pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until bread is browned and cheese melts.
- Slice each in half diagonally and serve.