Recipe by Ceezie
This is heavily glazed on the outside and yet tender and juicy on the inside. You can serve this at Thanksgiving but its really great anytime.
- 1 turkey (12-14 lbs)
- 2 cups French bread, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle milk and water on bread and mix. Prepare vegetables and add to bread mixture. Add both ground meats, seasonings and eggs. Mix well.
- Rinse turkey and pat dry before stuffing. After stuffing the bird, either tie or sew the turkey closed. Rub a little oil over the bird. Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place bird in oven. Baste well with its own juices every 15 minutes. Do this for 1 hour and then cook for another 30 mins without basting. If your turkey is small cook it for less then one hour but baste it every 15 min in order for it to brown nicely. Now cover it tightly with foil.
- Reduce heat to 340F and bake for another 30 min or until done - be sure to make sure this bird is done before removing it from the oven. Remove bird from oven and sprinkle with white wine. Let stand for 20 min before carving.