Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adapted over time. I have been trying to eat healthier, but other Turkey recipes I tried were just too dry. Adding just a bit of ground beef gives it enough grease to make this a GREAT meatloaf.
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme
- 78.07 ml soymilk
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 kg ground turkey
- 0 kg ground beef
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml finely grated fresh ginger
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- Heat oil and cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute more; set aside.
- Combine soy milk, egg, and ketchup. Stir in bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Crumble in meats and add onion mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Form into loaf and place in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Reduce 1/2 cup ketchup, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and brown sugar.
- Pour over meatloaf during the last half hour of baking.
I have been making my meatloaf with the turkey and beef combo for awhile now. This one did not disappoint. The meatloaf is quite moist and I like the sauteed onions. I found the topping to be a bit sweet for my taste, so would use tomato sauce or leave out the sugar next time. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
OMG!!! He's done it again. As a kosher cook looking for a good recipe. I have found I can alway rely on Abba Gimel. This loaf came out perfect. I used a honey Dijon mustard sauce for a spicier taste. I can't wait to see your next submission.