Cook1 hr 30 mins
Adapted over time. I have been trying to eat healthier, but other Turkey recipes I tried were just too dry. Adding just a bit of ground beef gives it enough grease to make this a GREAT meatloaf.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 kg ground turkey
- 1⁄4 kg ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oil and cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute more; set aside.
- Combine soy milk, egg, and ketchup. Stir in bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Crumble in meats and add onion mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Form into loaf and place in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Reduce 1/2 cup ketchup, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and brown sugar.
- Pour over meatloaf during the last half hour of baking.
I have been making my meatloaf with the turkey and beef combo for awhile now. This one did not disappoint. The meatloaf is quite moist and I like the sauteed onions. I found the topping to be a bit sweet for my taste, so would use tomato sauce or leave out the sugar next time. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
OMG!!! He's done it again. As a kosher cook looking for a good recipe. I have found I can alway rely on Abba Gimel. This loaf came out perfect. I used a honey Dijon mustard sauce for a spicier taste. I can't wait to see your next submission.