Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This marinade compliments this lovely fish so well!!!!
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, pure
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 4 tuna steaks
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place the tuna in a large zip lock bag and add marinade.
- Turn bag several times to coat tuna with marinade. Marinate in fridge for no more than 1 hour. (lemon juice will "cook" the fish).
- Preheat grill.
- Grill for about 3 - 4 minutes per side, basting generously with reserved marinade. Tuna should be slightly pink in the centre.
A friend gave my husband several steaks. I made this marinade exactly as written, and we enjoyed it very much. I marinated them only about 30 minutes because they were not cut very thick, then patted them dry and sprayed with cooking spray. Because we do not have an outdoor grill I used a grill pan on the stove. After turning the steaks once, I lightly basted the cook side with a bit of reserved marinade. I served them with wild rice mix and steamed veggies. We will be enjoying this again I am sure.