Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a FUN recipe to make and it is a relatively inexpensive but elegant-looking appetizer to serve. From Mr. Food's Southern Cookbook. Can also be made with canned chunk chicken and other types of nuts.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 3⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 (3 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, peanuts, cream cheese, mustard and garlic powder until well blended.
- Flour a work surface and a rolling pin.
- Roll out each biscuit to a 5-inch circle.
- Line 10 muffin cups into flattened, mini-crusts.
- Fill the crusts with tuna mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 400 or until crusts are golden, and serve warm.
Very good but next time will omit the chopped nuts as everyone loved this but not the texture of the nuts in it.
I made this last Christmas and everyone loved it. I'm planning to make it again this year. The only thing I did differently, was substitute low-fat cream cheese and Miracle Whip.