Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The pecans give this tuna salad a wonderful flavor. It can be served in lettuce cups for a luncheon. I like to make sandwiches from this mixture for picnics or backyard parties.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, well drained
- 1⁄2 onion, finely minced
- tiny amount celery, finely minced
- 1⁄2-1 cup broken bits pecans
- mayonnaise, to bind
- salt and pepper
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Serve on lettuce leaves for a luncheon or make sandwiches.
For diabetic reasons I used water packed tuna and slightly less than the ask for amount of pecans which I chopped very finely. I also used low fat mayo. Those little nuts really make a yummy difference and a great sandwich.
A nice crunchy tuna salad, the 1/2 cup pecans really makes the difference!! I used tuna packed in water,2 green onions and diced celery, low-fat mayonnaise, this reduced the calorie count, but did not harm the flavour, it was yummy!!!!