One part of a "let's see what we have in the house" flavor packed dinner full of herbs - Tuna Pabuca (patty, burger, cake - everyone seems to call it something different) with Two Radish-Caper Sauce, Sautéed Avocado Salad, and Simple Microwave Sesame Rice.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (dried bread crumbs)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna (drained)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup finely cut scallion top
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi
- 3 teaspoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Thoroughly combine mayonnaise, wasabi, horseradish, parsley, and capers in a bowl with lid.
- Place in refrigerator.
- Mix panko, tuna, egg, mustard, garlic, dill weed, scallion, and basil until smooth.
- Form six small pabucas.
- Sauté pabucas in olive oil in frying pan on medium low heat until golden-brown.
- Place pabucas on serving dish and spoon on sauce.
These were really yummy and I love the sauce that goes with them. I can't believe you use panko flakes, I discovered these a few years back and think they are awesome, I don't see to many people using them, they give such a lovely crispness to anything. The patties were lovely and moist and topped with that sauce just perfect. I did find I needed 2 eggs to bind, but that could just be because my eggs were a smaller weight. They are so quick and easy to make which I love. My whole family gave them a big thumbs up and we will definitely make these often. They are so easy to make and would make a great light lunch just served by themselves. I served mine over a pea and asparagus puree, just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.