Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from Campbell's Kitchen. Tuna, egg noodles and peas in a creamy mushroom sauce are baked with a crunchy crumb topping.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 cups medium egg noodles, hot cooked
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Mix soup, milk, pimiento, peas, tuna and noodles in 1 1/2-qt. casserole. Bake at 400°F for 20 minute or until hot. Stir.
- Mix bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle on top. Bake 5 minute.
Just like my mom used to make. My daughter is into tuna now (never would touch the stuff before) and she LOVES this recipe. Will be making this many more times!
One of our favourites ~ and a nice alternative to tuna casseroles with lots of cheese and/or topped with chips. So glad it's already here!!