Recipe by sugarpea
This tasty tuna melt uses Italian dressing and fontina cheese, broiled until bubbly.
Top Review by Hey Jude
Sugarpea, thanks so much for this wonderful recipe! I made this as is except that I used a smoked swiss/cheddar cheese for the topping. My husband and I loved this! How nice to have a tuna salad mixture that does not include mayonnaise. I have leftovers of the tuna salad and I think it will taste great over greens (for my lunch on Monday). Again, thanks Sugarpea for a wonderful recipe that I will be making for the rest of my life!
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) canwater-packed albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing or 1⁄2 cup simple vinaigrette
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 avocados, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups fontina or 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded