This tasty tuna melt uses Italian dressing and fontina cheese, broiled until bubbly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can water-packed albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing or 1/2 cup simple vinaigrette
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 avocados, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups fontina or 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1Mix all ingredients thru bell pepper; divide between the 8 muffin halves.
- 2Top each sandwich with avocado and then cheese.
- 3Place muffins on baking sheet and broil until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Melt with Avocado on English Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.7
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 1487.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 41.3 g