Tuna Cheese Melts
photo by Nif_H
- Ready In:
- 6 1⁄2 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip light
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- In small bowl, combine tuna, celery, onion, salad dressing and lemon pepper; mix well.
- Spread about 1/4 cup tuna mixture on each slice of toast.
- Place on broiler pan or ungreased cookie sheet.
- Broil 4-6-inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tuna mixture is hot.
- Top each with cheese slice.
- Broil an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great, easy, and quick lunch. My children and I used to make these all the time when they were little. We made these for lunch today while being home from no school. It really brought back memories. I did't have add celery from personal taste. I did'nt have any lemon pepper so just used regular pepper. We used provolone and cheddar cheese. Made for 1,2,3 Hit wonders.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"