Recipe by Sherrie-pie
If you don't want to use a soda farl, use a soft white bap or white bread.
Top Review by Oolala
This is like the tuna melt one of my friends in college turned me onto. I had never heard of a tuna melt until she made it for me and now I make them for my kids. I use English muffins and American cheese (no onions for the kids). It is nice with a slice of tomato on top too.
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (200 g) can canned tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 soda farl bread
- 55 g cheddar cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the red onion, tuna, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Split the soda farl into two horizontally and toast lightly.
- Heat the grill to a medium setting.
- Divide the tuna mixture into two and spread over the farl. Lay the cheese over the top and place under the grill for 3 - 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown slightly. Remove and serve immediately with green salad.