Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you don't want to use a soda farl, use a soft white bap or white bread.
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (200 g) can canned tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 soda farl bread
- 55 g cheddar cheese, sliced
- Mix together the red onion, tuna, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Split the soda farl into two horizontally and toast lightly.
- Heat the grill to a medium setting.
- Divide the tuna mixture into two and spread over the farl. Lay the cheese over the top and place under the grill for 3 - 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown slightly. Remove and serve immediately with green salad.
This is like the tuna melt one of my friends in college turned me onto. I had never heard of a tuna melt until she made it for me and now I make them for my kids. I use English muffins and American cheese (no onions for the kids). It is nice with a slice of tomato on top too.